Wednesday, May 6, 2009

cough, cough, sniffle

Z-Dub's surgery to get new tubes in his ears as well as his tonsils and adenoids removed is scheduled for Saturday, but we've run into an obstacle. Yesterday he suddenly became sick with a high fever, cough, runny nose, sneezing and an overwhelming urge to whine. As a result, his surgery may be postponed another week. They can't do it while he's ill.

In the meantime, HotMomma is off to the pediatrician with him this afternoon to get checked out. He hasn't sprouted a curly tail and started oinking, so I'm not concerned that it's the swine flu -- oh, excuse me, I mean the H1N1 flu. I don't want to piss off the pork farmers or pig lovers.

It's kind of weird for him to be sick now. The weather is awesome, and even borderline hot (we're almost at the century mark today). And the entire fall and winter season, when colds and flu are common, he avoided any and all illness. Considering his track record, we were ecstatic.

I'm sure hoping it's not the swine...err H1N1 flu. He hasn't even been around any pigs or Mexicans lately. If he sneaked out of the house for a quick midnight rendezvous with a hot Latina in Cancun, I think I'd find out about it.





 

blogger templates | Make Money Online