As many of you are aware, CK's
first heart surgery was delayed due to hospital logistics at Duke University last week. He's been officially rescheduled for his end to end aortic coarctation repair on Wednesday. He has a repeat series of pre-op appointments tomorrow before the big day.
I've been thinking about my sister and her husband and their kids and how they are dealing with all of this. I can't even imagine Z-Dub and Deuce having a life threatening condition requiring multiple surgeries that are life threatening in themselves. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They can sit back and watch their son's health deteriorate as he ages or they can take a huge risk and subject him to heart surgeries. Never mind the financial strain that goes along with it. But I know that if I was in a similar situation, I'd spend every dime to save my child.
Thankfully, people have been giving. We've raised about $2,000 in just a few days. This money will help them with expenses as they are missing a lot of work and having to commute back and forth to Durham from the North Carolina coast, as well as medical bills. It's not a whole lot, but every little bit helps.
Thankfully, to ease some of the stress, my sister and CK have been given a room at the Ronald McDonald House in Durham. They are there now.
If you'd like to
donate a little money to help them out, please consider it. Thanks.
|