Saturday, September 13, 2008

a cool concept?

Grab a parka and gloves and get ready to freeze your 'nads off while shivering your way through a cocktail or two. At least that's what may happen if you become a patron of Minus 5 Bar, a truly unique bar/lounge experience that undoubted falls in the category of "only in Vegas," although it got its start Down Under. Those Kiwis are crazy.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal described the concept in an article on Thursday. To sum up, it's a bar completely made of ice. It's kept at 23 degrees Fahrenheit and guest pay $30 to rent parkas and gloves. This is to prevent hypothermia I surmise. It's touted as the "coolest place to hang out in the desert!" I'm intrigued. But here are a couple of thoughts:
  1. Extreme cold can cause some serious shrinkage of certain male body parts, so it may cause some embarrasment for guys looking to score (i.e. "Don't laugh! It's cold!").
  2. How can single guys and girls check out each other if they're covered in bulky parkas?
  3. Hot chicks + cold weather = high beams. But, again, too bad they'll be covered up with the parkas.
  4. Going to and from 23 degrees Fahrenheit and 110 can cause quite a shock to the body. Be prepared for post-party illness in addition to a hangover.
  5. Remember the flagpole scene from "A Christmas Story." I triple dog dare you. For reals.
Despite these, I still think we'll check it out. It sounds "cool."
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online