Monday, November 3, 2008

do your part

As I sit here and watch my son watch Shrek the Third on Television tonight, I reflect on the past two years of political inundation. At times it was inspiring and at other times it was excruciatingly frustrating as the candidates from both parties waged war on each other in attempt to win the most powerful position in the free world. At the same time it has been an historic race with two potential firsts -- a first black president or first female vice president. No one can deny the significance of either potential victor.

HotMomma and I are fortunate to live in a state with early voting and we've taken advantage of the opportunity to cast our picks in what history will certainly write as one of the most important elections this country has ever experienced. And based upon the lines we witnessed at the early voting locations through out the Las Vegas Valley, people here, like others across America, are passionate about their candidates. No matter who they support it's absolutely amazing to see so many people engaged in our sacred right to vote.

As election day finally arrives tomorrow, it's time for all registered voters to make their voices heard. I urge all of those who haven't done so to vote tomorrow. Don't just stand by and watch, be part of history. To all of you that have voted already, thank you.

P.S. -- For those of you in Florida, let's not have any hiccups along the way please.


 

blogger templates | Make Money Online