Sunday, February 1, 2009

just random ramblings

Pardon my absence over the past few days as my day job continues to be crazy busy. Planning and implementing a marketing and public relations campaign for the launch of a new academic program that operates a clinic which requires patient recruitment is hard work, especially at the eleventh hour. The workload will probably not subside for another couple of weeks as I have media tours and interviews scheduled, special events, commercials to tape, and marketing materials to be written, designed and printed. It's amazing how much time and effort this type of thing takes. You have to be really good at time/project management.

Speaking of time management, this experience will probably serve as great training for my next big endeavor. Although most people might think I'm nuts for doing it, but I have enrolled in an MBA degree program. I'll be attending classes after work on Friday evenings and on Saturday mornings beginning in August. It's going to be tough, but I should finish my degree in 14 to 17 months.

I've been wanting to get a master's degree for quite some time, so I'm looking forward to doing this, despite the rigorous schedule I'll have to maintain. I'm confident I'll be able to accomplish it while providing enough attention to HotMomma, Z-Dub and The Deuce. HotMomma has been quite supportive and encouraging in my decision to do this, which I totally appreciate. I'm also confident that I'll still be able to devote time to this blog as well as Uptake, although I've sucked at it lately. I only wrote one article this month. I plan on sitting down and writing a few articles in the coming days. Hopefully I can produce a month's worth.

But right now I need to get ready for the Superbowl. My money is on Pittsburgh, but Arizona has been full of surprises this year.Who are you rooting for?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online