Monday, January 26, 2009

burn

My stepmother was in town visiting this weekend. She was shopping for houses here in Las Vegas as she plans to relocate from neighboring California in the not-to-distant future. She loves our neighborhood, so she stopped by the sales office and toured a few model homes and picked up a price sheet. When she brought the sales figures back to show us I almost had a frickin' heart attack.

Our house, the one we bought one year ago next week, is now selling for $100,000 less than what we bought it for. To make matters worse, houses that are double and even triple the size of our's, houses that HotMomma really, really wanted, but we couldn't afford at the time, are now selling for less than what we bought our's for. This doesn't make HotMomma happy. She's been complaining (every day) about how cramped we are with the addition of The Deuce.

Of course, I'd love to take advantage of the new low prices on the bigger houses, but I obviously can't sell our's for a long, long time. I can keep our current house and buy an additional one, but we don't have enough cash saved up to do that right now.

THIS SUCKS!!!! STUPID ECONOMY!!!!

But, hey, at least we have a roof over our head.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online