Saturday, January 3, 2009

pussifying my boy and phone books

Z-Dub is constantly surrounded by girls. His cousins that live nearby are girls and our neighbors' kids are all girls, so he obviously is influenced by them. Lately he's been spending a lot of time at his Grandma's house playing with the girls. Over there the other day, prompted by his older cousin, I witnessed him playing with dolls and carrying a purse on his shoulder. I understand that's what the girls want to play and he's greatly outnumbered, so I didn't let it bother me.

However, later when we got got home and got him ready to take a shower, I noticed that someone at the house painted his toe nails. That's where I draw a line. I asked him who did it and he replied "Grandma." And apparently this isn't the first time she's done this. He and Deuce are her only grandsons. She had only daughters and up until both of the boys arrived, she only had granddaughters. I can understand how she may not know how to play with boys, but I'm going to have a little talk with her and hopefully the nail painting will not be happening again. I better do it soon, because it wouldn't surprise me if things escalate and I go to pick him up and find him wearing a girl's dress.

It's unfortunate that on my side of the family there are primarily boys and he rarely gets to play with or see them because of distance. I think he'd have fun with them if he only could.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do the telephone companies bother delivering phone directories anymore? It's a huge waste of trees if you ask me. Mine goes straight from the front porch into the recycling bin. All the information I need can be found on the Internets. I think the books should be by request only instead of just delivered to those who don't want them.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online