Tuesday, October 14, 2008

monday randomness

While four day weekends are great when you're enjoying the time off, the repercussions of such a long absence from work suck butt. Big time. I've returned to 12 voicemail messages and 276 unread e-mails. I also have four scheduled meetings today -- one right after another.

It's going to be an exhausting day.

In other news, I'm also broke. With the weather suddenly turning arctic (for us) and only one pair of his pants actually fitting him, we had to high tail it to the mall to buy Z-Dub some new fall/winter clothing. Now he's the proud owner of several pairs of jeans and some long sleeve shirts. We also got him two pairs of Vans shoes. One pair is black with flames and the other is black, white and grey with skulls. They're bad ass and he loves them. With the new clothes, we had to get him a hair cut yesterday as well. Now he's got a cool new faux hawk 'do to go with his new threads. He's quite the trend setter.

Does that sound totally lame...calling him a trend setter? Oh well, I don't care. We think he is. HotMomma goes out of her way to make sure he's dressed nice every day. She makes sure he's one of the "cool kids" and not the kind that look like they just rolled out of bed and put on a pair of dirty sweat pants and t-shirt.

Do you take the time to make sure your kid is presentable before going out in public? Just wondering.

I also mentioned before that we went Halloween costume shopping for Z-Dub. He tried on a few and we allowed him to make the final decision on what he'd like to be. His choice will soon be revealed. Stay tuned.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online