Thank you to everyone that provided input as we decided whether to circumcise Z-Jay or leave him as nature intended. We considered all of the facts, debated them laboriously and came to our decision to proceed.
It happened this afternoon and it was without obvious complications.
Since we put him through this, I did the honorable thing and was with him in the room during the process. However, I did not watch. Instead, I held his little hand, gently caressed his head and kept eye contact with him during the entire procedure. He cried during the procedural preparations and the administering of local anesthesia, but was calm during the actually cutting. He paid back the doctor with a stream of pee, not once, but twice.
In the end, it looked good. Hopefully, the healing will be as painless as possible.
It's done. He now looks like his brother. Now gone with the anxiety.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


|