Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"you want a man touching you down there?"

I haven't been to a doctor for a routine physical exam in a long time. It's been at least ten years. Except for the occasional cold or flu, I've been pretty healthy in my adult life, so far. When you bring your car into the mechanic they always lift the hood and find something wrong. I view a physical exam the same way and, frankly, I don't want any bad news.

As I continue on my upward journey in age, I've realized that I need to finally muster up some courage and make an appointment for a thorough examination to make sure my body isn't headed in the wrong direction in terms of my health and well being. I wouldn't want a breakdown anytime in the near future.

Over the past couple of weeks I've browsed my insurance company's Web site for names of potential doctors and made several phone calls in an attempt to set an appointment. So far, I've reached two doctors that aren't accepting new patients right now and two others that don't have new patient appointments available until November.

During a post coital conversation with HotMomma last night, she questioned my inability to find a doctor. The answer, we concluded, is the fact that I'm only in search of a male doctor. And that opened up a whole can of worms. She thought my need for a male doctor was weird.

"Why would you want a guy examining your dangling bits," she asked amusingly. My reply, "I just want a man doctor. He knows my body and issues better than a female doctor."

"If I was a guy, I wouldn't want another guy touching me down there," she said.

I countered with, "your OB/GYN is a female and she touches you down there. And, up in there I might add."

"It's not the same," she said. "And as a guy, wouldn't you want a female doctor down there. She can be like, oh yeah. Nice!"

"Ummm. Hell no! That would just be weird," I replied.

"What? Are you afraid of getting aroused by the hand of a female doctor," she asked.

"Well, of course," I exclaimed.

"Oh, so you would be aroused by another woman........," she inquired.

And it went on until we went to sleep.

This morning I've been recalling the conversation. And I'm still steadfast in my search for a male doctor. I've never had a female doctor and I just feel more confortable with a male doctor, even if he's going to examine by "dangling bits." And when I'm over 40-years-old (thank goodness that's not for a while), I'm sure he'll be conducting a very invasive examination involving my rear end.

I don't know if I'm alone on this, so I ask you dads, do you prefer a male or female doctor? Ladies, also feel free to chime in on this one.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online