Perhaps our regular viewing of Iron Chef America is doing more than just entertaining the family. It may be fostering a future culinary genius who will make millions of dollars by creating gastronomical flavors the world has yet to taste. Yes, Z-Dub has suddenly shown an interest in cooking. Batali, Cora, Morimoto, Flay and Symon are going to have some tough competition in Kitchen Stadium, especially if the secret ingredient is yogurt, edamame, spinach (Z-Dub calls it "leaves") or cheese.
When meals are being prepared he wants nothing other than to help. And lately, during the evening when he normally enjoys television or playing with his cars or animals, he instead raids the food pantry and kitchen cabinets, pulling out staple ingredients, such as rice, and pots and pans while proclaiming, "Daddy, I cook." Any suggestion otherwise produces a typical toddler tantrum.
As parents that enjoy fine foods, of course we'd love it if Z-Dub became a world famous chef. Therefore we're going to encourage him to pursue his new epicurean interest. Because of gender bias, back in the day this type of thing would have been frowned upon. But try telling Chef Gordon Ramsay it's a girly thing and he'll tell you to "f*ck off!" That's why I'm not worried that HotMomma wants to buy Z-Dub a kitchen set to help him hone his skills. It'll prepare him for when he's a little older and we sign him up for children's cooking classes.
Perhaps someday he'll attend one of the world's elite culinary schools. I wonder if there are scholarships for such places. I'll have to do a little research. After he's done with school he can complete an apprenticeship under one of the world's most celebrated chefs. Later he can branch off on his own and receive critical acclaim from reviewers with the most discerning palates. He'll open restaurants, land book deals and have his own television programs on Food TV Nework. I can't wait.
Hey, one can dream!
Perhaps someday he'll attend one of the world's elite culinary schools. I wonder if there are scholarships for such places. I'll have to do a little research. After he's done with school he can complete an apprenticeship under one of the world's most celebrated chefs. Later he can branch off on his own and receive critical acclaim from reviewers with the most discerning palates. He'll open restaurants, land book deals and have his own television programs on Food TV Nework. I can't wait.
Hey, one can dream!
In the meantime, tonight HotMomma and I are off to a special fundraising dinner at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Las Vegas. It's called Chefs, Wine & Spirits Too! We went last year and the food and drinks were spectacular. HotMomma is a little bummed though. At six months pregnant, she can't drink like she did last year.


|