In Vegas it's hot in the summer. Actually, a more accurate description would be sizzling. It's like that all summer long and as residents we deal with it. Though sometimes when it's 110 or more it's a bit unbearable. That's why I was surprise yesterday as I was wandering around Chicago in the afternoon and hearing people complain that it was hot. Sure it was a little warm, but it wasn't really hot. I thought the people were a bunch of wimps. That is until today.
I have a couple of hours until my next relevant breakout session at the conference I'm attending, so I decided to head back to the hotel for some rest since I didn't get much sleep again last night, for this reason. I was sweating like a pig during my eight-block walk back to the hotel. I had sweat running down my back and into my butt crack. It was so uncomfortable. It's 90+ degrees and HUMID! I haven't felt humid air like this since New Orleans four years ago and it's something I'm definitely not used to. In fact, I've become so accustomed to super dry air that even Southern California feels humid to me. I feel it as soon as we drive over the Cajon Pass or our airplane lands.
I didn't pack any summertime clothing for this trip. Only business-type clothing. So before going into the hotel I hit the Old Navy across the street for a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Both are definitely needed. So was the shower I just took.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


|