Monday, July 7, 2008

time to be a big boy

Thanks to Mr. Lady and Busy Dad for their advice for breaking Z-Dub's parent-dependent sleeping habits on the site Stark Raving Dads. It's something we've been challenged with for months. Now that Z-Dub is two years old he really needs to start falling asleep on his own. There's no reason why HotMomma or I (mostly I) should have to lay down with him for up to an hour or more until he falls asleep. It prevents other things from getting done.

Last night was our first opportunity to employ new tactics. We tucked him in, gave him a little pep talk and ingored the cries and pleas that followed. It took about 30 minutes for him to fall asleep, but he did it. I was tough, but HotMomma and I were steadfast in our new resolution to get him to the next level in big boyness. We'll have to see how it goes tonight as well.

By the way, Z-Dub ignored the letter, so we didn't return from vacation to a potty trained kid. Darn. I was really hoping for a miracle.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online