It's 10 a.m. on Sunday and I'm sitting at the dinning table, enjoying a much needed cup of coffee. Z-Dub is watching Disney Playhouse programs and playing with his miniature Air Canada airplane we picked up for him in Montreal. HotMomma is working a four hour shift this morning and is due home just after noon. Z-Dub and I woke up less than an hour ago after an extremely rough night. Fighting off a stomach illness, Z-Dub refused to sleep last night. We finally caved at around 1:30 a.m. and brought him into our bed where he finally fell into a deep sleep at around 2 a.m. In contrast with yesterday's scorching 108F temperature, this morning the sky is gray with thunderstorm clouds. The wind is lashing the trees outside our windows in advance of the impending rain. Often the dry air prevents it from ever arriving. This time I hope it materializes and comes heavy. Our desert is in desperate need of some thirst-quenching water.
Though I don't feel like dealing with it all, on the agenda today is house cleaning and laundry. I'm sure after last night's sleep deprivation, HotMomma won't be in the mood for it either. But we need clean underwear this week, so we'll have to overcome our laziness.
We're supposed to take Z-Dub to see Wall-E with some friends today. I don't think that's going to happen. He may be contagious.
Crap (literally), I have to go now. I hear Z-Dub's butt squirting AGAIN. Ugggg, I can smell it now!


|