Friday, July 11, 2008

fill 'er up friday: 7.11.08

It's Fill 'er Up Friday again. You may remember that last week I was fortunate to not have to fill up on account of being on vacation and taking advantage of far superior public transportation than what's available here in the City of Sin. So we were back this week and driving all over town, burning what's turned into liquid gold these days. Fortunately, the price per gallon this week was:

That's an $.08 drop in price when compared to the $4.29 per gallon price I paid two weeks ago. I actually could have paid $4.17 per gallon at the gas station across the street, but they had ran out. A lot of lucky drivers beat me to the pumps. Regardless, a drop is a drop.

Although, despite the drop in price, overall it's still $.15 per gallon more than what I paid when I started this a month ago. It's the price I have to pay for having to drive.

But you know who won't be doing any driving soon? Dan Hughes from All That Comes With It is who. On July 23 he and his mates will embarq on The Dales Walk to raise money for the Joseph Salmon Trust, an organization aimed at helping families that have lost a child.

Their endeavor is a grueling one, which requires every bit of their physical (and mental) strength and endurance to walk 78 miles in just six days. I admire their enthusiastic willingness to take on such a tremendous challenge for such a great cause. They're still seeking donations, so if you have the means, please feel free to give a little, or a lot. They're doing all the work. Perhaps you can give up a gallon (or litre) or two of gasoline (ride a bike or something) in exchange for helping them reach their fundraising goal.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online