Tuesday, July 8, 2008

toddler speak

Scene: It was Sunday. We were at a local department store and HotMomma was shopping for maternity shorts. Z-Dub and I were waiting for her to come out of the fitting room. He grabs a pair of shorts off a rack and holds them up to his body.

Z-Dub: "Wow, this is cute!"

Me: "What the hell is your mommy teaching you?"

Scene: Later in the day, we were all in Z-Dub's bedroom getting ready for his bedtime. HotMomma showed him his new Montreal Biodome t-shirt. He grabs it from her and holds it up to his body.

Z-Dub: "This is cute."

Me: "Okay, seriously, don't say that. How about 'this is cool' or something like that?"

I think he's been spending a little too much time shopping with mommy. Or perhaps it was a week with his girl cousins in California that did it. All I know is that I need to take him out to buy some power tools or something.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online