Friday, July 18, 2008

a muddied weekend

POOP. Yep, I wrote it. This post is about poop. Actually, diarrhea is a more accurate term, but not as fun to say. I know I'm teetering in the area of "too much information," but who cares.

HotMomma and Z-Dub returned home from San Diego yesterday just before I returned from Chicago. Unfortunately, they both caught some kind of nasty stomach flu during their trip. Just in time for the weekend, today they both are suddenly dealing with some fast-flowing unpleasantries originating from their back ends. I hope to avoid the same infliction. But as parents, we all know too well how incredibly contagious these types of illnesses are. I'm not at all looking forward to being tethered to the porcelain throne this weekend or, worse yet, early next week when I have to return to work and a full agenda of meetings and projects. If there are "mudslides" I'll have to miss work and end up even more behind than I already am.

*My tummy is already feeling a little weird. I hope it's just psychological.

Along with the illness, Z-Dub is in a "crappy" mood. And, as you can imagine, with HotMomma 22 weeks pregnant and having to deal with this type of illness, she's in a very, very "shitty" mood. I'm sure if I was in her shoes, I'd have the same demeanor. Actually, I'd probably be worse, because I don't handle illness quite as adult like.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online